Sunday 6 June 2010

Banana Honey Flower Breakfast Cakes

Cake? For breakfast?

Well, its more of a muffin…

I’ve been trying to actually eat breakfast before I leave for work or on my way to work. Normally, I wake up late, get ready in a hurry which involves trying to find something suitable to wear to work, throwing on some makeup, tripping over the cats, making sure I have my keys, tripping over the cats, taming my hair which is a bit Diana Ross-esque first thing and then shooting out the door trying to justify to myself that I can get to the office in 13 minutes (no chance…)

Lack of breakfast doesn’t get me until about 10.30am when I’m slumped over my keyboard fumbling at a can of diet coke and something unhealthy… Bad move…

Ingredients:-

250gr flour (made with 125gr of wholemeal and 125gr of plain flour)

2tsp baking powder

80gr brown sugar

4tbsp of honey

4 bananas (mashed, these are best if they are very ripe!)

2 eggs

100ml of melted margarine

2tbsp water (or milk. If I have any left after making a curry, then coconut milk is brilliant)

Method

1, Preheat oven to 180 degrees (gas mark four) and line a 6 hole muffin tin or grease a six flower silicon mould (I am in love with my silicon moulds…)

2, In one bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together and then add in the gritty bitty bits your left with in the sieve in as well. Stir in the sugar gently,

3, In another bowl add the rest of the ingredients, these should all be wet.

4, Mix the wet ingredients into the flour/sugar mix and gently combine with a large metal spoon. Don’t over mix or they will lose all the precious air they are holding and become dumpy and stodgy!

5, Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.

6, Remove from the oven and set aside for a couple of minutes before turning onto a wire cooling rack. Sieve a little icing sugar over the top! Store them in an airtight container and grab as rushing out the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment