Monday 3 March 2014

Honey & Vanilla Penny Pancakes


In the past four weeks I have broken the following: two pairs of boots, one pair of ballet pumps, my iPad cover, my iPhone, a mug, a zip on a skirt, the little pouch in my running gloves that holds a key, the lining of one of my coat pockets and (of course) that pudding

I've been like a one woman hurricane of devastation. 


But there is one thing that is hard to mess up.  One thing that will make you feel better if all of a sudden you realise your superpower is destroying things. 


That thing is tiny pancakes. And buying replacement shoes.  We'll stick with pancakes here though. 


Serves 2 hungry people

Ingredients
150gr plain flour
1tsp baking powder
150ml milk
3tbsp honey (plus extra for serving)
1/2tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tbsp melted butter (plus a little extra)


Method
1, Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
2, Beat the remaining ingredients together until smooth and then pour into your flour. 
3, Whisk until completely smooth.
4, In a large non-stick frying pan, melt a little more butter (or cooking oil) and place over a medium heat.  
5, Drop scooped teaspoons of the mixture into the pan and gently edge them into a circle around 4cm across. 
6, Cook until golden on one side and their are bubbled popping on the top. Flip them over carefully and cook until that side is also golden brown. Repeat until you have used up all your batter.
7, Keep warm in a low oven until you are ready to serve with more honey. 


12 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, what a few weeks you've had! And what a delicious remedy to it all...Happy Pancake day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate, I think I've either passed through the breaking stage or I've just run out of things to break....

      Delete
  2. I love those cute little pancakes. They would definitely cheer me up. One small point: I know that it cheers up a certain section of the population but, speaking on behalf of many of my fellow men, there are very few phrases more likely to depress us than "buying replacement shoes".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil - I have a strict one-in-one-out policy so they are simply replacements. I also refuse to take my other half shoe shopping, we have a mutual agreement.

      Delete
  3. These look so yummy! I love how you've styled the photos too.

    Sorry about your breaking phase. It's weird when that happens, isn't it? For example, I usually manage to wear tights every day without ending up looking like I've been mauled by a bear, but every few years I ruin 5 or 6 pairs one after the other. Happy shoe shopping! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie! I am too familiar with the bear mauling of tights. Normally, they wait until you get on the bus/train so you have to do the walk of tights shame to the office...

      Delete
  4. honey on tiny pancakes - life is on the up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love miniature versions of things! These are so cute :) and perfect for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel - I'm pretty sure tiny versions of food make them taste better too!

      Delete
  6. This looks absolutely amazing! Many thanks for the share, I will make sure to give it a try over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gourmesso. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

      Delete